P R A Y E R !

P R A Y E R !
When Life gets too hard to stand... kneel before HIM and Pray

Saturday, December 19, 2009

O What a Savior! - © 1948 Marvin P. Dalton

Today was a day of mourning, a day of reflection and a day of prayer. I played this song 10+ times to help my mind, spirit and emotions stay in check. Trying to answer the questions - "did I say enough", "did she see Christ in me", "Lord, keep my head straight and seek Your Face"....... We will continue to miss my wife's dad, and now we will miss his wife Barbara as well, we can only pray they found the Christ and are of the Elect. O What a Savior! © 1948 Marvin P. Dalton (My favorite rendition of this song is by Rozie Rosell) Once I was straying in sin’s dark valley No hope within could I see They searched through Heaven And found a Savior To save a poor lost soul like me. (Chorus) O what a Savior, O hallelujah His heart was broken on Calvary His hands were nail scarred His side was riven He gave His life-blood for even me. Death’s chilly water I’ll soon be crossing His hand will lead me safe o're I’ll join the chorus in that great city And sing up there for evermore. (Chorus) O what a Savior, O hallelujah His heart was broken on Calvary His hands were nail scarred His side was riven He gave His life-blood for even me. 2 Samuel 22:3; "The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour." John 3:16; For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment