P R A Y E R !

P R A Y E R !
When Life gets too hard to stand... kneel before HIM and Pray

Sunday, June 7, 2009

I must be reminded of who I am in Christ each day.

This project started out as something very different; it was therapeutic, it helped me keep spiritually focused in an unsaved world. Realizing that the world seemed to think it had everything under control – and had no need for a Savior let alone a God. One of my closest friends at work calls me “God’s little fix it man”, guess what folks – the world at large doesn’t really want the kind of fixing God has to offer. The world is a bond slave to sin, and is sadly laughing on the road to hell…. The true Gospel – that pricks the heart to repentance (making the 180 degree and turning to Him) is being purged from the corporate church of this age. The remnant is forming, and the few that find that narrow gate have been counted. When I started this nearly 42 months ago, it wasn’t even a project, it was a way to keep my spiritual sanity and keep my testimony in check. It seemed my career settled for a bit, and I had learned contentment in the achievements, even somewhat satisfied with the whole mid life thing. However; Spiritually I was in rut and going nowhere fast. Our Pastor had brought a couple of messages regarding head knowledge and heart knowledge and how balance between the two is so important. I realized I needed some work from God’s hand in that area of my life. Like Paul, I found myself not doing the things I know I ought to be doing, and doing the things that I knew I ought not to be doing. This was my answer to engaging and purging the unwanted components of my heart, giving God the Glory and letting the spiritual heavy lifting to Him. I decided to take the gift and blessing of knowledge of His Word, and start targeting my heart in hopes that I would learn to let the Lord keep my pride in check. My biggest battle and the one piece of my heart that had to be yielded to get any further. His Grace is indeed sufficient – but without that wonderful undeserved Mercy it would be for not. So I started keeping a list of little one line thoughts or posers that I would hang in my office to remind me to keep on track. I had coworkers that claimed the name of Christ who I thought could use these occasionally as well. So I wrote, and wrote and wrote what eventually became one or two a week. In recent months, I realized that along with each of the thoughts and posers, I needed to include the reasoning behind that day’s work. After sharing a few of them with my senior high & college age Sunday school class that I teach; I was prodded to share them with others. So here I am, sharing them with you. I hope they touch your heart, encourage you to get into the race or just give you a sense of urgency to serve Him better. Most of all, please remember that this was written from a layman’s pen. It has been written by a man with a modest education, a little world experience, and an undying love for his Savior. More than any of that please remember that if you are moved or blessed by what you read, give Him all the praise and glory, for He alone deserves it, He is my inspiration and my confidant. Praise God. Started: May 15th, 2006 By: Robert C. Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment