P R A Y E R !

P R A Y E R !
When Life gets too hard to stand... kneel before HIM and Pray

Saturday, August 22, 2009

So where do you have your retirement plan invested? ©

Life – If Christ tarries, many of us are more than likely going to pass away at some point...So where do you have your retirement plan invested? Here – or – Heaven? (This is an excerpt from my manuscript for "Dear Father, How Did We Get Here?" I wrote a couple years ago) I have heard unsaved folks say in my presence, hey, it’s only life you’re not going to get out of it alive, so relax and enjoy it, live and let live - do whatever man, just have fun. Yet if you ask them about their 401K or retirement plans, in reflection of recent stock market activity, they get a little more serious and pay attention. Why is that? Has the church done such a lousy job in communicating the message to this generation that they are more concerned about the last days on earth than they are about all the days in eternity? Since this world as we know and more specifically this country no longer can be considered as a nation that believes in sin, there is no metric or measurement in which to measure ourselves. As a nation we are too wrapped up in making ourselves god; that we no longer require a moral compass – it’s all relative. In this political climate we have allowed ourselves to gravitate towards; morality is no longer a topic to be discussed in the town square. I believe that we Christians are partly to blame for that, directly to blame due to lack of participation. We have lost the stomach to confront our members in a biblical way. Which lends Satan a hand in dismissing loving, tender hearted church discipline; oh, perish the thought of even bringing that topic up? No one is accountable, so we have preachers with their hands in people’s pockets, running with fast women, adultery in our pulpits, and adultery in our congregations, all the while continuing to allow the offenders to remain in the office they were appointed to, or allowed to continue teaching our children, along with numerous other offenses to Righteousness. The Christian is to love their Brother and Sister, unconditionally - but he or she is to hate the sin, that offends the very God we serve and the Son that took that sin to the gates of Hell to destroy its claim to the world. Is it any wonder that we have lost souls looking at us and saying – “hey, why bother – they aren’t any different than the rest of us. Why should I seek out their God or be interested in their brand of faith”? Ouch, it’s that separation thing again, isn't it, you bet your life it's that seperation thing. When you walk so close to that line (flame) that your clothes get burnt, Satan is waiting to douse the flame with gasoline. Christianity has fast become a marketable commodity that is a multi-billion dollar business in this country. It kills me the amount of money that is spent annually to improve business practices by self proclaimed Christians that have a better way to teach biblical principals than the Bible itself can do. What has happen to genuine discipleship in this country, or spiritual mentoring? The glitz of business somehow can take the biblical – moral principles and spin them into successful business habits, better than teaching men to fish? I think not! Do we really live in a world that allowing the Holy Spirit to do His work in a man or woman’s life can be better done or “manipulated” by these business savvy Christians, and in their eyes do it better than God himself can do? I doubt it, and if you ask those men, they would tell you to your face that they are not competing with God and His word. They are just putting it into terms that men can easier understand, or delivering a message that they thought God wanted us all to know in the business world. I have no dreams of grandeur here; I have gathered 18 months worth of notes and personal daily reminders to share with my family and friends. I will pay my twenty five hundred dollars to a Christian publisher and hopefully walk away with enough books to share with those family and friends. I hope to share the lessons learned by reading the book, praying over those words and lessons and applying them to my everyday life. I have no super formula that is going to make your race any easier to run than the guy beside you. I am simply sharing the fortunate lessons I have learned sitting under an old fashion preacher that believed in teaching the word in an expository fashion. Showing an unbelievable capacity to love and forgive those fortunate to call him Pastor. LEADING BY EXAMPLE – wow, now there is a novel idea, actually work at living what you tell the world you believe. We should be fighting back the old man, giving God His due, and yielding more and more space in your heart to Him. We must practice submission, standing before the Throne of God every day humbly and reverently through prayer. I learned at the young age of 19 how this man (my Pastor) walked in God’s Grace and then practiced it every day. He taught me to fish, he taught me to study, and he mentored me and loved me at the times when I was un-lovable. He practiced discipleship, teaching me how to practically live this new life we claim in Christ. He was there to encourage me when I fell or walked off the path, to do my own thing, which never turned out the way I wanted. I want to share those lessons learnt through walking off the path, showing to my friends and family that it is survivable and that God’s Love is worth waiting on. I am not English major, I don’t have any real skills in writing, to that point I expect my editing fees will be off the chart. However; the message I wish to carry in this work is that Christ died for you! If you already know that and believe that and practice your faith and are running the race, I want to encourage you to continue. To renew your sense of urgency in making the finish line, on time and out in front. Run the race to win! I want you to work on that eternal retirement investment. If I can help through a word of encouragement or sharing a story that I experienced in life that is similar to one you are in or have faced in the past as a help – then Praise God. However; I must tell you, I am not a bible scholar; I am a layman that was saved at 13 years of age, but never gave my life to Christ until I was 33 years old. His Grace is sufficient, patient and enduring; He waited on me, and gave me formidable nudges when I needed them. Those lessons have been taught through the Holy Spirit – praise God. I didn’t always worry about my eternal retirement plan, even though I had parents and grandparents that gave me plenty of opportunity to see Christ. But the one thing I have learned is that God’s timing is the best timing and He had a plan! I don’t always do it right, but as I explained to my Sunday School Class, the trend line is steadily on the incline pointing skyward, there are a few dips from time to time, but the trend is up. That would look good in any board room in America, it’s all about conviction, and faith. My faith is in the unseen, the unheard and in the Light that men only see thru the glass dimly now. But when He sheds the light on that retirement plan, it will be blinding to those that failed to yield to the offer. To those of you that are reading this by chance, but have doubts or think the whole thing is bogus. I am praying for you. It is my hope and prayer that you won’t wait another second to reconsider God’s offer to secure you a place in Heaven. The offer stands as long as the Church Age continues, but it won’t be long, for Christ will return to gather that which rightfully belongs to Him – His Church. Once you have acknowledged Sin, more directly your sin, realizing that God and His Son are sinless, and that on your own, in your fallen sinful condition, you cannot stand before Them. Upon acknowledging these things, and accepting God’s Gift to us to pay the sin debt for us, with the bloodshed of His Son Jesus Christ, you can be saved from the current road to destruction. Placing your Faith in Christ, accepting His work on our behalf, will remove you from the Great White Throne Judgment. For Christ died for all that sin, it’s free and no strings attached, and God said He will remember it no more. Upon putting your Faith in Christ, you will never answer for your past transgressions, and He will send a Comforter to help you work out your Faith. Don't put it off, if you cannot answer beyond the shadow of a doubt that you know and walk with Christ, do it now. “Father, I pray that you will touch the hearts of those around me. I pray that you will continually yield my will to yours, and help me look for opportunities to help my unsaved friends and family start working on a new retirement plan. Help us make that retirement plan one that includes you at the core, and an understanding of their deficit in standing on their own. Let my unsaved friends and family not have a day of peace until they meet the author of peace. Let the seed be sown, and then please place a Godly man or woman on their path to bring them to the harvest. I will give you the honor, the praise and the glory. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment