P R A Y E R !

P R A Y E R !
When Life gets too hard to stand... kneel before HIM and Pray

Saturday, November 14, 2009

A peace that passes all understanding ©

PEACE... I belong to a Christian On-Line Community, called the "Gaither Community". Over the last 12 months or so, I have met some new friends. These people are warm, loving and tender hearted. Their love for Christ and His people leaps of the screen through their words of comfort and caring. I am deeply indebted to Mr. & Mrs. Gaither for providing an opportunity to meet Christian brothers and sisters on a global scale. I read a book by Mr. William Gaither awhile back, while it may have been a hard chapter to write, my favorite chapter is "Keep on pumping". The Chapter has at it's center, his Father pumping an old well, in the middle of emotional conflict. Before I read the book, I had sent an email to Mr. Gaither, with a few questions. The biggest question, "did he find himself sometimes going through the motions" he answered the email, and suggested I read his book. I did, and what a blessing. Thank You Mr. Gaither! Through some trials in my own life, I have learned to "keep on pumping (or keep at it, keep going) - even through the tears", and I appreciate your candor and tender heart Mr. Gaither in that chapter of your book. I can't express how much I appreciate your ministry and the wonderful music you bring to God's children. I have made it to every concert that you have brought to State College. Many times over the years I heard one of the Vocal Band's, or one of the old friends song's on the radio just at the exact time I needed to hear it, displaying God's divine providence in our lives. At that moment, the Spirit of God calmed my Spirit as though He was giving a hug of reassurance, or as though one of His strong arms were on my shoulder. Our Precious Heavenly Father offering that peace of the Spirit that passes all understanding. My Pastor has a similar phrase he offers quite often, he encourages us to "keep going". Your Friend In Christ, RC Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment