P R A Y E R !

P R A Y E R !
When Life gets too hard to stand... kneel before HIM and Pray

Friday, March 12, 2010

Psalm 23 - A Psalm of David (I learned these Truths as a Boy)

Psalm 23 - A Psalm of David 1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. The Lord is my Shepherd – meaning I willfully submit myself to HIS Leadership, and will not look for any other to take HIS place. I will offer no other person or possession the opportunity to consume my loyalty or love, which will always belong to Christ.  

2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. Thru my yielding to His Authority, and His will, He provides the human comforts I need to survive. He provides my rest, my comfort, and cool refreshment in the time of need. He leads me by the Still and Comforting power of His Spirit  

3 He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness, For His name’s sake. Our precious Father provides restoration for us in the midst of our sheep like behavior of getting lost and wondering off the path, entertaining things that do not fulfill the Spirit within us. Thru providing restoration when we stray from Him, His Spirit within us leads us in the paths of Righteousness, coaching and urging us to seek His Righteousness for we are called HIS People, His name’s sake. 

 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. We walk in this condemned, damned to eternal death flesh, walking in the shadow of that death every day of our life, yet while wrapped in Christ’s justification and righteousness we need not fear that evil. For God has sent His Son to pay the price for our redemption, and Christ sent the Holy Spirit to walk with us, so God is literally with us in Spirit. Therefore; His Word and His Spirit (rod & staff) offer comfort and counsel to us, just as the Shepherds crook or staff is a comfortable sight to the sheep as the shepherd keeps the dogs and wolves at bay. Matthew Henry said that “the Gospel is the rod of Christ’s strength; and there is enough in that to comfort the saints when they come to die, and underneath them are the everlasting arms of God”. 

 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. He, God has provided for me all things pertaining to this life and the one after in spite of my enemies and those that hate the Holiness and Righteousness of GOD! You Father have anointed me with your spirit, pulled me from my wickedness and provided for me to overflowing. I abound in YOUR Mercy, I abound in Your Grace, and I bask in Your Joy to overflowing. Amen. 

 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD, Forever. Thru Conviction! Thru Dedication! Thru Determination! Thru Devotion to HIM, HE will Bless, and HE will provide the very FAITH that we need to CONTINUE, His Mercy, Grace and Goodness will be a part of us and follow us thru our days on this planet, until He calls us home or comes to take us up. Oh yes, and on that Blessed Day, He will take us to be with Him, forever and ever! No man, no beast, no serpent, no power on earth and no power in Heaven can pluck us from the hand of God. We are the Bride of His Son, and our Relationship has been established thru Promise and Proclamation of Almighty GOD – Forever more Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment