P R A Y E R !

P R A Y E R !
When Life gets too hard to stand... kneel before HIM and Pray

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Witness...?


I was recently told by a loved one, that I am too Biblical, and always weave a spiritual context into my conversations.   It was implied that This perspective of mine causes folks to feel uncomfortable and stressed.

Over the past 35 years, at least a half of dozen times, I recall telling loved ones of conviction I was under to give it all - or give nothing in my Christian walk.  God has cleared any and all obstacles to give it all.

From my perspective - if we are just traveling thru this world, not to become attached, shouldn't we reflect the world we are heading to, not the one we are leaving behind?

Will we look at CHRIST as we are transformed and carried out at the Rapture and say "this is too Spiritual - I want to go back". 
I think Not...

Revelation 3:14-17 “And to the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write, ‘These things says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God: “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth. Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—

Due to the promises of God, I know my destination is to be with Him in The Eternal Glory of Heaven...  As I travel this world, I am to become more like Christ, less like the worldly man that I was.  Not perfect, but Yielding the flesh to the Spirit.  If that is offensive - then I guess I apologize if you are hurt, but, I will continue...  Yes - I will continue to offer the Loving Gospel of Christ to the unsaved, and Challenge and Encourage those that claim His Name as their own!!!

Matthew 10:34-39 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Matthew 10:32-33 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Balance...

Hebrews 2:5-9 For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. But one testified in a certain place, saying:  “ What is man that You are mindful of him,  Or the son of man that You take care of him?  You have made him a little lower than the angels; You have crowned him with glory and honor,  And set him over the works of Your hands. You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”  For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment